• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How do the 8x30CL and 8x32EL compare? (4 Viewers)

It put it another way: The CL offers 95% of the view for 3/5s the price, and that's why it's eating into the ELs sales.

Thank you very much Gijs.

The back story is that my best binoculars are Zeiss Victory Pocket 8x25. I love them, and the glare control is also very good. The only reason I am considering 8x32 is for even easier viewing due to a larger exit pupil. But in truth I am undecided, whether the 8x30CL or even the 8x32would be enough of a difference, given how good the Victory Pocket are.

So I am very undecided.
I have the Zeiss Victory Pocket 10x25 and I also love them. This bin is the best kept secret in sports optics; truly the one pocket bin good enough to be your regular birding glass. If I were you, I wouldn't get a CL Companion as it would not be much of a step up. Do yourself a favor an try the NL Pure. I have the 10x32 and they are simple the best binocular I have ever used and to me, the only 30/32 mm objective bin worthy to be called a step up from the Zeiss Victory Pocket. I use both regularly in the field.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back