• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How many people here have had problems with their Curio focus? (1 Viewer)

The OP, Denco, Mono and Scott 98. Knock on wood, mine are perfect.😬
Scott98 problem is different. We do not know what happened.
And you cannot do stats based on a forum like this one. It is well known that you'll find more problems this way.

For instance, according to this forum, I should have problems with my NL Pure and Curio. I had none. I should have no problem with my Leica but I had...

Scott98 problem is different. We do not know what happened.
And you cannot do stats based on a forum like this one. It is well known that you'll find more problems this way.

For instance, according to this forum, I should have problems with my NL Pure and Curio. I had none. I should have no problem with my Leica but I had...
Well I certainly don’t agree with the OP’s statement that Curios aren’t “serious “ bins, they are wonderful bins, and even with the 3-4 mentioned problems with the loose-falling off focusers, the huge majority, including myself have had zero issues with them. That said, it seems strange that such a specific complaint has repeated itself in such a small sample size. I don’t recall ever hearing of any other binoculars focus wheel just falling off.

Last edited:
It happened at least twice to the Zeiss Victory 8x25. Including mine.
And now I have heard of two. Maybe it’s a pocket bino thing? Good news is they all have generous warranties, though it’s a bummer to have to live without them for a month or two.

Perhaps I was unfair in the other thread. Let's actually do a poll.

How many people here have had an issue with either the focus knob or laggy focusing?

Sample #1.
No problems with mine. Don't use them much. Perhaps an hour total use time from the porch.

I have had mine for only about 6 months and they have had very little use but I am finding the focus wheel goes stiff every 180deg then easy then stiff, I have never liked the focus knob, I find the hard plastic difficult to grip I wish it had large rubber knurls to grip.
Also I have just purchased the opticron lens covers which I think Swaro should have added as standard.
Apart from that I like them, very compact and a nice view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back