• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID Birds in N.India (1 Viewer)

Golfer1

1) Small warbler singing loudly early one morning, a bit like UK robins do. Streaky breast with orange tint, back and head more greyish. Can't find him in my book! Tail much shorter than any babblers I saw.
2) Pelican seen just as it got dark - maybe white pelican?
3) Possibly M honey buzzard, and maybe a crested serpent eagle? Sadly I only got this one shot.
4) Anyone know anything about mammals? Small mouse like critter in the desert?
Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_0746 small warbler qu sm.jpg
    IMG_0746 small warbler qu sm.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0915 Pelican sm.jpg
    IMG_0915 Pelican sm.jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_6717 Honey Buzzard M qu sm.jpg
    IMG_6717 Honey Buzzard M qu sm.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_6311 sm mouse qu.jpg
    IMG_6311 sm mouse qu.jpg
    483.6 KB · Views: 72
Pelican?

I attach another shot of the pelican, still bad quality I'm afraid as it was almost dark and a long way off.... but it is another angle. It does probably look a bit darker than a white pelican? Thanks for your thoughts.

Attachments

• IMG_0919 sm.jpg
    IMG_0919 sm.jpg
    441.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
hard to believe it is the same pelican in both pics. both look to be dalmatian, 1st a bit older (at least 3cy), 2nd one (post 8) is a 2cy dalmatian.

The Pelican is Dalmatian . Separated from the Great White by the hairstyle - "scruffy teenager" for Dalmatian and "brylcreamed gentleman" for Great White.

You are correct, it may not be the same pelican - there were two out there together, so it could well be the other one. But nice to know they are Dalmatian, thanks for the info. on how to tell the difference.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back