• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

In and around South Staffordshire. (1 Viewer)

waxwing proof 8-P... not the best pic in the world but bad light and a high tree....

Attachments

• Waxwings Moden Hill.jpg....jpg
    Waxwings Moden Hill.jpg....jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 21
Saw a meadow pipit feeding on the sewage beds at Wombourne yesterday. Recent birds include teal on the Stour and also goosander. Oh and saw my first Stour otter as well, pleased with that.

The weather is throwing up some unusual sighrtings.
Goshawk over the River Stour.
Bittern on the banks of the Teme in Shropshire.
Boxing Day at Molineux four meadow pipits and a grey wagtail took advantage of the only free grass for miles around and fed during the game, moving when the play took over their space.

The weather is throwing up some unusual sighrtings.
Goshawk over the River Stour.
Bittern on the banks of the Teme in Shropshire.
Boxing Day at Molineux four meadow pipits and a grey wagtail took advantage of the only free grass for miles around and fed during the game, moving when the play took over their space.

And the bird sightings were an awful lot better than the football.|!||:mad:|

Saw 2 water rail on the River Sow today and c110 wigeon. I've seen water rail this year but no wren, robin or starling yet. Mind I was fishing so in one limited spot.

Wow some good sightings there Sedgley :t:

Hope your all well and having nice birdwatching times ... I have been making do with the garden as I have had flu ..... Hopefully will be able to get out next week ....

Get better soon SE

Saw the water rail again today, one of them being chased by an american mink.

Also raven, goosander and 3 sightings of roe deer making 10 in all.

hmmmm ... strange one this as it behaviour isn't buzzard like at all but I have looked at it talons as suggested by Rita ..and they tie in with a buzzard

First chiffchaff of the year on the same day as 2010 - March 24. On a different note it seems the common frogs I fetched from my garden pool dead a month ago have wiped out the small colony after it was making a comeback as well.
First smooth newt in though, had to wait until April 8 last year to see my first.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back