• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Info on Bausch & Lomb 7X50 61-7500 (2 Viewers)

gulf1263

Have a pair of Bausch & Lomb 7x50, 61-7500.
Has the range finder reticle built in.
Serial V851003.
Any idea when these were made and who made them for B&L.
Thanks.
Art

I can give you a little information. The 61-7500 model appears in a 1987 dealer price list as one of the Discoverer Series. The list price was $589.95, street price was $331.88, which made it the most expensive B&L Porro at that point.

It looks to me like the same binocular as the Swift Storm King and a contemporary Celestron 7x50 IF RA. There were probably others. I don't know who made it, but it's probably the same OEM that made the other Discoverers and the Storm King, Celestron, etc.

Henry

Thanks Henry, much appreciated.
They are huge, like in the Fujion 7X50's.
So cheap I couldn't pass them up.
Thanks again.
Art

Hi Henry.
Saw a picture on the Katsuma web site of a pair of 7x50's that looked from the front (only picture shown) identical to my B&L's.
From the weight at least and size there appears on the face of it to be a lot of aluminum and glass involved.
I am impressed with the "bigness" and the view (bino was probably made in the mid to late 1980's), front lens has a lens coating that is light purple.
Work OK under the orange color street lights.
Saw a picture of a pair of Brunton's that appeared identical, they wanted $390.00 for them.
Art

Ive often fancied a pair if these

but unfortunately everytime a pair of Bausch and lomb anything ,

they never seem to be working properly

but they are crisp and clear

Ive often fancied a pair if these

but unfortunately everytime I find a pair of Bausch and lomb anything ,

they never seem to be working properly

but they are crisp and clear

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back