• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is there a neck strap that stretches? (1 Viewer)

Well, I had a chance to try it out. If you shorten the bungee core to where the CL 8x25 Compact rests below your collarbone, the cord is too stiff or doesn't have enough stretch to it. As you lift binocular to eyes, you really have to tug to get the cord to stretch. The cord is made this way so it doesn't allow a regular sized binocular to have any up and down movement while hanging around your neck.

The RY cord will stretch easier if the cord has enough length. As you shorten the cord, there is less stretch.

So, I am looking for a cord or some other material that is just a bit more stretchable. A more stretchable cord is not good for big bins but is good for compact bins like the 8x25 Compact. I will google different materials.

Thanks again everyone for suggesting the RY as I didn't even know such a harness existed. Just for the heck of it and being a curious person by nature, I may hook the RY to my Vortex 8x42. However, I'm not really into full-sized bins nowadays.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back