• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Isn't life strange? - Red Kites (1 Viewer)

Scozmos

United Kingdom
Well, day one on Bird Forum, posting my Hello post, along with my what is it images of a bird photographed recently when a big bird flies along the valley outside my window. A Kite. I grab my camera and tripod and out I go, dressing gown, slippers and binocs. There's what looks like a complete family hunting in the field to the front of the house. Recently harvested and baled, I guess there's a fair bit of prey suddenly available?
First sighting is of a young? bird perched and eating at quite a distance but I got a couple of reasonable shots, I think :)
More to follow.

Attachments

• Red Kites (2).jpg
    Red Kites (2).jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 26
  • Red Kite juvenile with onlookers.jpg
    Red Kite juvenile with onlookers.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 22
  • Red Kite juvenile eating.jpg
    Red Kite juvenile eating.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 20
  • Red Kite juvenile - standing tall.jpg
    Red Kite juvenile - standing tall.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 25
  • Red Kite juvenile - crop.jpg
    Red Kite juvenile - crop.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 26
I've occasionally seen some in the hills near here, but am still waiting for a "seen from the house" tick.

One must fly past here soon.... surely!!!

Great pictures those Scozmos. Don't forget we've a Gallery here that you can post into as well (3 per day).

Morning Delia, thank you and thanks for the Gallery tip, I was wondering. Is it usual to share pics in a post or via gallery?

If you are sharing pictures because of a query about them or to illustrate an unusual feature or behaviour then I would post them in a thread. If you are sharing them for aesthetic reasons then I would use the gallery.

Well, day one on Bird Forum, posting my Hello post, along with my what is it images of a bird photographed recently when a big bird flies along the valley outside my window. A Kite. I grab my camera and tripod and out I go, dressing gown, slippers and binocs. There's what looks like a complete family hunting in the field to the front of the house. Recently harvested and baled, I guess there's a fair bit of prey suddenly available?
First sighting is of a young? bird perched and eating at quite a distance but I got a couple of reasonable shots, I think :)
More to follow.

Love the last slide.. Thanks for sharing

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back