• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kite Optics - good service (1 Viewer)

John Cantelo

Excellent service from Kite Optics. With my 10x42 Swaro NLs away for repair (!) I'm using my old 8x30 Kite Lynx. I know there's been some debate about them on BF previously but for what it's worth when I bought them I thought that they were marginally better optically than other such models at a similar price point. They're still optically excellent but eyepieces were falling apart after fairly heavy use (see below). On Friday (14/07) I visited the Kite stand at the UK Global Bird Fair and chatted to the very helpful Kite rep (Frazer). This morning (20/07) replacement eyepieces arrived (plus a spare rain guard & OG covers) free of charge. I also had a chat with the person (who happens to be an old friend) who sold them to me almost a decade ago. When I mentioned that Kite were replacing the eyepieces, he wasn't surprised observing that their after-sales service (and quality control) were excellent (and better than its close rivals). As that chimes with my own experience I thought I'd flag it up as something worth considering when buying optics - perhaps worth paying a little more for ...

.1689854030536.png

I have had similar, very good experience with Kite after sales service too in the past. (At their HQ/own store in Belgium.) They are really great on that front. That is something that I strongly appreciate when investing in quality tools that are meant to be used in the field for many years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back