• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Know of an annotated checklist Ecuador? (1 Viewer)

kstrating

Does anyone know of an annotated checklist for Ecuador that follows Ridgely and Greenfield? There appears to be an older one out there, but nothing with more recent taxonomy, ranges or abundance. Help?

Dave,
Where did you find? And is it the 1999 version or more recent?

Annotated List of the Birds of Mainland Ecuador by R. Ridgely, P. Greenfield and M. Guerrero

Thanks for your help. -Katie.

Thank you. I'll bet I'll leave before that darned list gets here though - NHBS is out of stock and it's being shipped from Ecuador. The irony...

VB- Yes, I had same experience with getting the list, didn't know it was coming from Ecuador first! Probably available in the airport gift shop! LOL.

Don't know if you are following the "What to include in a checklist" thread I started under general information forum, but it has morphed into where to find Ecuador checklists. So far, there is a link to an alphabetical list (excell doc, updated April 2006) of species with columns for days/area information. I downloaded it, and though no annotations, is good to go. Also, I was sent email, another similar list in alpha order that is updated April 2003 to Ridgely/Greenfield. It is a word doc. It's a place to start even if no annotations. Good luck, pm me if you want the second list.

Last edited:
Well, that list I sent off for from the Natural History Book Service - who, incidentally, are usually pretty good - never did show up, so I've emailed them and cancelled the order. I managed to get one in Ecuador anyway, for a few dollars, which was a lot cheaper.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back