• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Last three birds from San Francisco Bay (1 Viewer)

Aladdin

Thailand
Dear members and bird watchers!

Now I think I managed to ID all the birds from San Francisco, last day today and I spend the day in the botanical garden sitting on a bench taking pictures of hummingbirds for 4 hours and then moving on to Mason Fort Community Garden where I made friend with one Anna's and I could record the bird from a 50 cm distance and to take pictures

eBird checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S133734237

I leave fora 10 day birding tour in Texas tomorrow and I hope my Guides can help with the IDs

First picture and I ID the bird as a American Gold Finch, but the bird is greenish on the back

Bird #2 and I ID it as an Alber's Towhee because of the redish rump and the dark bib. But I don't understand the map in my book, it don't look like it should be in San Francisco.

Bird #3 and I ID the bird as a Brewer's Blackbird. It was a hard one, but in the sun it looked like the head was browning. Not a Brown-headed Cowbird as I had 4 of them in the vicinity. And of course, the white eyes are a dead give away. IN my book the bird is black but the immature male is brownish

Kind Regards and happy birding
Aladdin

Attachments

• t'.jpg
    t'.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 14
  • tt.jpg
    tt.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 14
  • tttt.jpg
    tttt.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 14
Nice photos.
Bird 1 is a Lesser Goldfinch.
Bird 2 is a California Towhee.
Bird 3 is a Brewer's Blackbird. The head color can very depending on the angle of the light to the feathers.
Have fun in Texas.
Thank you rkj!

The towhee had a smaller bib than the California in the book . Brewer's Blackbird, very beautiful when the sun hit the feathers and there was beautiful colours. This was a new bird for me, together with the Lesser Goldfinch and I have seen 3 new birds today.

Now I am off to the airport

Thanks again, very appreciated
Aladdin

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back