• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica televid 62 apo issues (1 Viewer)

Hello
Fellow members,
I have an issue with my televid apo. It works perfectly, but it's a little bit open in the middle. There is some play in it. Does someone knows what to do with it? Can I repair it myself or better send it to Leica Germany?
Kind regards, Michiel

Attachments

• IMG_20210930_213453.jpg
    IMG_20210930_213453.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 36
Hi,

I don't think you have anything to worry about. This is just the collar attached to the tripod foot and the knurled screw at the bottom of the photo, when loosened, allows you to rotate the scope. If your scope is angled (the facility is not of much use on straight scopes) it allows you to adjust for viewers of different heights or to view in hides, where the openings are invariably at the wrong height ;).

John

Hi,

I don't think you have anything to worry about. This is just the collar attached to the tripod foot and the knurled screw at the bottom of the photo, when loosened, allows you to rotate the scope. If your scope is angled (the facility is not of much use on straight scopes) it allows you to adjust for viewers of different heights or to view in hides, where the openings are invariably at the wrong height ;).

John
Hi,

John
Hello John,

Thank you for the response.
I know the adjusting system, but there is some play in the scope itself. It looks like it can break in half any minute. 🤔
The working is still perfect dough.

M.

Hello John,

Thank you for the response.
I know the adjusting system, but there is some play in the scope itself. It looks like it can break in half any minute. 🤔
The working is still perfect dough.

M.
I'm sorry, then that does sound like serious damage. There has to be a joint here as the scope diameter is larger on both sides of the rotating collar and a loosened fine thread would not allow a lot of play. There would also be a loss of the dry nitrogen purging.

John

I'm sorry, then that does sound like serious damage. There has to be a joint here as the scope diameter is larger on both sides of the rotating collar and a loosened fine thread would not allow a lot of play. There would also be a loss of the dry nitrogen purging.

John
Quite a common occurrence in those 77/62 Leica Televids.
Needs to be sent into Leica for repair.
Peter.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back