• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch Garten 2009 (1 Viewer)

I'm sure she's shivering! Must be quite a drop in temperature from what she's been used to. Perhaps it's just the wind blowing!

Hi,

We are doing our best to find her a fit new male for this year but as usual they all prefer Rutland to Scotland.

Ann :egghead::flyaway::flyaway:
The Osprey Godmother

Hi,

We are doing our best to find her a fit new male for this year but as usual they all prefer Rutland to Scotland.

The Osprey Godmother

Hi Ann,

I am sure that EJ will have a long list of potential suitors if VS fails to return, I just have a feeling he will be back though in a day or two.

Just checked through the archived blogs on the Loch Garten site and VS arrived back in Scotland last year on the 4th of April but did not make any contact with EJ until a week after this, he was on his regular nest with another female...how rude!

It is really interesting to read everyone's disappointment that VS had turned up as in the past he had proved to be unreliable but I think last year he proved his doubters wrong and if I recall correctly he actually brought in more fish than EJ.

Last edited:
Hi,

Whenever I look at the camera there is no "Madam", is she fishing, looking for another male or moved on. Has anybody seen her today?

I don't think females usually fish when they have young and EJ had to show OVS the way, she did well last year to keep up her strength and she looks fitter this year, wish we knew where she spent winter.

The Osprey Godmother

Is anyone from the Forum going to be at Loch Garten next week? May bump into you; if the hide has lots of folk in it I'm going to ask if there are any BF members there instead of pussy footing around, just wondering.

We're staying in Boat so will be visiting the centre regularly to pay homage to madam.

Sandra

Hi Sandra,

Madam herself is back on the nest now and I hope you manage to see her, if you have not already done so.

Have a lovely time up at Boat and on the way up there see if you can "bag" a good looking male for her.

Ann Chaplin :egghead::flyaway::flyaway:
Osprey Godmother

Has EJ Injured her right foot? She's definitely favouring it and when she did have it on the ground its was clenched up in a tight ball. Maybe she's just jagged it on a twig in the nest.

Has EJ Injured her right foot? She's definitely favouring it and when she did have it on the ground its was clenched up in a tight ball. Maybe she's just jagged it on a twig in the nest.

just watched her walking round the nest, foot looks fine:t:

Hi Tiger,

Is that a Robin I see on the nest looking as if he is King of the Castle? He is doing a good job dancing on the highest branch.

The Osprey Godmother

Hi Tiger,

Let us hope her tag fell off, the battery is low as it is out of sunlight so must be in the same place. A pity the place is so remote or the tag and battery could be retrieved for use again as Rob. did with the ones lost in Dominican Republic.

I have just read Sandra's post on RSPB blog and know how she feels. Going off for a weep and minute's silence and a prayer.

The Osprey Godmother

Hi Folks,

EJ is back on the nest and I have a feeling today might be the day for a male to arrive.
Not only is she moving sticks around she is looking skywards as if she senses another bird somewhere and I am sure I heard a small call from her.

The Osprey Godmother

Devastating news, last year was a sad year for Ospreys at Loch Garten with the loss of the little fella and Deshar and it continues into 2009

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back