• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch Garten Ospreys (2 Viewers)

Saphire said:
I really thought it had gone over the edge and it was curtains for that chick until they showed EJ feeding all three. I was preying it hadn't.
Is that a Freudian slip considering the forum title?

Its a Threesome

Firstly,I apologise to any guests who were led to this post,by the title..! The diary has been updated and all 3 youngsters are doing well.Henry is now showing the anglers in Strathspey,how to catch fish...5 in a day.! Lets hope he keeps it up for the next couple of months. B :)

Hi Ben and Everyone,

Great news and the diary has been updated.

http://www.rspb.org.uk/reserves/guide/l/lochgarten/diary/index.asp

This must be one of the busiest threads on BF I couldn't get the page to load.

Yippee and of course Henry will now prove once again he is the best dad and fisherman around and EJ the perfect mum of course.

Just had news from Virginia (Fort Belvoir), their Ospreys are sweltering, temps 90 and parents are stood shading their chicks with wings, but I didn't get a picture 8 nests with at least one chick in each.

Ann :D :D :D :flowers:

Last edited:
Loch Garten Ospreys

What a lovely description in the Osprey Diary this week, of the third osprey chick's first flight - wish I'd been there.

Sandra

harris hawk said:
Hi Everyone,

Found this web site with live video of an Osprey nest.
Thought you might be interested, if you dont already know about it.

http://puleston.osprey.bnl.org/OspreyFund/2006/ospreycam.php

Paul
Yes I been watching it for over three years now. It is the best streaming video osprey nest on the Internet.

One bird has fledged and the next two are due to go. One will probably go at first light tomorrow.

It has been a gripping season.

Well all is quiet now at Lock Garten, They have all flown to a sunnier place, Good Luck Henry, EJ and the three little one safe journey. :flyaway:

Ben Nevis said:
I predict,the first bird shall be back on March 24th.Any takers out there ?

I really hope so . We're up there for 5 days the weekend before Easter. I'd love to be there when the first one(s) arrives.

Sandra
:D

Ah I wanted the 26th but I suppose I now will have to go for March 25th.

Also hope that Henry gets back before EJ has had a chance to get up to no good with Orange VS.

Did anyone hear anything of Orange VS after he was seen off at Loch Garten last year??

Andy in West Oz said:
What a great thread! Looking forward to my first season!
Welcome to the ongoing saga of Henry and EJ. Hope you have read the diaries of the last few years. It has been a gripping story.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back