• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch of The Lowes Ospreys 2010 (2 Viewers)

lol!! Yes tiger i think she's gone. Alison has done a lovel clip of her final flight. Have you seen it? Its over 24 hours now.

could you find the link for me please Ann

Just had a look on the Loch Garten webcam and all 3 chicks were on the nest, one has started fishing for itself already

i'll find a link when i go on the pc Cartman. Its a lovely parting shot. Btw when i was at the loch last thursday a chick arrived with a small perch from the other end of the loch,because its not on film the centre won't acknowledge it caught it. I seen the fish on the nest when stephen the cameraman replayed the video and the fish was bleeding, breathing and very very fresh. I'm sure it caught it but no proof means it doesn't count. I also just found out that a pair of ospreys near the lotl have chicks and one of those chicks was observed getting a fish off a parent mid air!! Now thats something i would like to see and could be an explanation as to why the chicks appear at the nest with a fish.

thanks Ann, what a brilliant parting display from the old girl...I actually waved at the screen of my laptop...what a puff eh!

I fear we won't see her again and really hope she decides to stay in Africa/Spain for her retirement.

I admit I got into Ospreys because of the Loch Garten site and love EJ but this year LotL has been breathtaking. I have hardly looked at the Loch Garten website this year as Marge has won my heart, she is just something else. She is an amazing, wonderful magnificent bird who I will never forget.

Every year following Ospreys there seems to be heartache, I remember a few years ago when EJ had 3 chicks and there was only enough food for 2 so the little one was not strong enough to fend for itself, it was horrible to watch. Then there was Deshar who's sense of direction was rubbish, Deshar flew over 100 hours (2600 miles) non stop over the sea until he finally plunged into the sea.

Then this year was the worst and the best ever with Marge almost dead and an autopsy arranged she started to showsigns of recovery....the rest is history as they.

Who knows what next year will bring :t:

cartman you've said everything. She really is an awesome creature. And this year has been heart stopping at times . I swear she was saying goodbye to everybody on that youtube clip. I can't remember her ever been caught flying like that and shouting out too!! It was like she was saying cheerio. I'd like to think she rests up in Spain/Africa but we'll never know. Who knows what next year will bring. I know one thing for sure if marge is fit and well enough to come back she will. The same goes for Frank, EJ and Odin. I wish them all a safe migration, a well earned rest and an even safer journey north again. March can't come quick enough.

tom the camera person was Rinchen. I have to say i've met him a few times now and what a nice man he is. He always has time for the questions that everybody asks. He even stays late to make sure that late comers get the full osprey experience. He's a right asset. Actually i.ve met most of the staff and they.re all great and a right team. The only ones i.ve not met are peter and emma. on twitter tonight someone has reported seeing an osprey in yorkshire today. You never know eh?

tom the camera person was Rinchen. I have to say i've met him a few times now and what a nice man he is. He always has time for the questions that everybody asks. He even stays late to make sure that late comers get the full osprey experience. He's a right asset. Actually i.ve met most of the staff and they.re all great and a right team. The only ones i.ve not met are peter and emma. on twitter tonight someone has reported seeing an osprey in yorkshire today. You never know eh?

Rinchen the bearded chap Ann? If so agree never formally met as he is always chatting and moving camera. Guess there will be a fair number on the move but you never know she is hopefully well on her way :)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back