• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Memory card info please (1 Viewer)

shrek48

Just bought a D500 and I know I need a fast memory card, can anyone advise as to what they use? Internet has given a few ideas but thought I would ask u folk here, as u really n=know ur stuff ;-)
TIA

Any UHS-II card should be fine - I generally stick to Sandisk, but I'm sure the other big names are fine. Personally I'd rather have two smaller cards than one large card but that's possibly just paranoia...

Any UHS-II card should be fine - I generally stick to Sandisk, but I'm sure the other big names are fine. Personally I'd rather have two smaller cards than one large card but that's possibly just paranoia...
Looking at XQD cards too, supposed to be the bees knees ;-) I like sandisk too.. always been good to me !

not sure, when checking the internet, the XQD are rated number 1 with speeds of 400mbs

CFexpress should be faster, at least in theory (firmware v1.3 is needed on the D500 to use CFexpress).

But as mentioned you should be fine with a fast SD UHS-II to start with.

If you shoot RAW at 10 fps, it's 10x21 ≈ 210 MB/s, and UHS-II writes at 260-300 MB/s.

CFexpress should be faster, at least in theory (firmware v1.3 is needed on the D500 to use CFexpress).

But as mentioned you should be fine with a fast SD UHS-II to start with.

If you shoot RAW at 10 fps, it's 10x21 ≈ 210 MB/s, and UHS-II writes at 260-300 MB/s.
would the sandisk 300mbs be ok ?

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back