• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Montana (USA) flycatchers (vireos?) #4 (1 Viewer)

montanawildlives

Five more. Western Montana between May and August.

Attachments

• DSC_5160.jpg
    DSC_5160.jpg
    524.4 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC_5175.jpg
    DSC_5175.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC_6269.jpg
    DSC_6269.jpg
    944.6 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC_6421.jpg
    DSC_6421.jpg
    719.6 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC_6427.jpg
    DSC_6427.jpg
    752.5 KB · Views: 16
2 is a wood pewee. 3, 4, 5 all look like Trail’s type. In western Montana, that would very likely be Willow. 1 is not identifiable.

Thanks. Willow versus Alder....yes more likely Willow but I want it to be Alder ;-) Next time in the field I'll listen to the song more closely.

I want to call #4 an Alder due to the somewhat pronounced eye ring? (my guide seems to indicate that it is almost completely absent in Willow).

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back