• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Montrose Basin and the surrounding area (3 Viewers)

Had a walk to Lunan Bay and back, lovely bright day, 10 Yellowhammer on the way and nothing much on the beach, 8 Oystercatchers, Herring Gull and Black H.eaded Gull, 1 Magpie, at least a 100 Jackdaws, approx 60 Rooks and a dozen Carrion Crows on the fields on the way back.14 Black Tailed Godwits close to the village on a ploughed field and a Greater Spotted Woodpecker next to the railway yard.

Daily walk round the village fields produced the usual bunch of Yellowhammers and a couple of corvids, a lot more going on in my garden including 5 Tree Sparrows, always nice to see them visit.

Walked to the Redcastle fields and back, quite a few Curlews on the recently ploughed fields along with a large flock of Skylarks, pair of Red legged Partridge's on the edge of the village, a very cold wind blowing. There was a small predator after the larks, but couldn't id it at such distance, could have been a Merlin the way it hunted, but unsure.

Careful.... you'll be attracting some twitchers LOL.

Long time since I've seen one here. I sometimes get a visit in the winter.

A walk round the village fields, Skylarks singing, Buzzards displaying and Woodpeckers drumming, you'd almost think it was spring until you note the temperature out there!

Quiet in the forest today, the strong wind might have been the reason, Frogs spawning in the ditches, Great Spotted Woodpecker drumming and this Siskin posed nicely for it's picture. Also a Vole(I think a Bank Vole) came along for a free feed too.

Attachments

• BM1K3639.jpg
    BM1K3639.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 2
  • BM1K3644.jpg
    BM1K3644.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 2
Had a trip to Murton farm park and nature reserve by Forfar, watching 3 Lapwing chicks being protected by some very aggressive parents, everything was chased away. Redshank, Widgeon, Mallard, Little Ringed Plover, Shellduck, Coot, Mute Swans sat on nests x2, Oystercatchers sat on nests x2, Magpie, Jackdaw and Sedge Warblers on view.

You know I very nearly went there yesterday after getting my jab. But I'd got some frozen food in the car so thought I'd better head back, just calling in at Kinnordy for a short time.

Seems you had a grand time there - thanks.

On our way home from Arbroath saw a Melanistic Pheasant, seen them in Aberdeenshire before but a first for Angus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back