• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Moth traps (1 Viewer)

buttonbird1

Hi, I have recently started getting into moths mainly as a result of seeing dayflying moths when out looking at butterflys. At present i can borrow a trap for occasional use and its proving very fruitful I just wish I had started it earlier. I have decided to build my own trap mainly having been put off by the large price for a bit of plywood and perspex that is a skinner trap. My problem is the electrics I need a diagram for where to put the ballast inorder to stop a run on blown bulbs. I have appealed to other forums but no luck yet apart from other people with the same idea and problem. Anyone out there can help??

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

We've got a very active Butterfly/Moth section so please don't hesitate to join in ;)

You could try googling "TC's digital photography" (sorry I don't know how to add links), he has a section on home-made moth traps and says that after buying his first set of electrics he's started to wire his own, you can privately email him from this site with any queries you might have, as you're in Dartford which falls within the LNHS recording area you might like to join the London Moth Group, again don't know how to post a link so just google it

Nick

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back