• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Multi-map (1 Viewer)

John P

Usually on a different wavelength
If you use Multi-Map it can't have escaped your attention that it's been taken over by Bing maps (aka Microsoft), I don't really care who owns or runs it as long as it's usable.

Unfortunately this is no longer the case, despite their FAQs saying that it is capable of searching by grid reference, it's not.

Does anyone know of an alternative site which uses OS maps and can be searched using a grid reference?

I already know about the OS "Get-a-map" site, but the map is not large enough.

If you use Multi-Map it can't have escaped your attention that it's been taken over by Bing maps (aka Microsoft), I don't really care who owns or runs it as long as it's usable.

Unfortunately this is no longer the case, despite their FAQs saying that it is capable of searching by grid reference, it's not.

Does anyone know of an alternative site which uses OS maps and can be searched using a grid reference?

I already know about the OS "Get-a-map" site, but the map is not large enough.

May I suggest this site.
http://www.e-dat.info/OSGridRef.aspx

Pop

I find Streetmap http://www.streetmap.co.uk/ quite good. You can input a grid reference, place name, postcode or even just place a pointer on the map. At the bottom of each map is a link which will show you the coordinates for the place selected in several formats including OS refs.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back