• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My school's birding club (3 Viewers)

Beverlybaynes said:
I'll post a message on the mods forum to see if a 'junior BF' is possible.

This matter has now been discussed by Admin and the Moderators at some length and we have decided that a separate forum for such a group of members would be inappropriate for Bird Forum at this present time.

I certainly think the way for your group to go Anhinga, is for you all try try to hook up with a local bird club / Audubon Society. That way you'll learn pretty quickly from the other members about the local bird hot spots in your area and may be able to participate on bird watching trips. Not to mention learning quickly from their first hand knowledge and experiences.

Of course you can all still visit Bird Forum and join in the discussion threads and post any queries that arise. I'm sure we'd all like to hear of your birding experiences as you find new species. Quite likely a good proportion of our members would like to be in your position and starting birding over afresh - especially with a site such as this to help out along the way.

Happy birding :bounce:

Last edited:
Well, since there's no seperate forum for student birders, I guess I'll just have to join the local Audubon Society just like you suggested, IanF and learn from other members about other local hotspots.

Tim

Be aware that just because you are the founder of this group, you may not be the most knowledgable. As mentioned before, kids tend to keep their birding pursuits quiet to avoid ridicule so you may get a member who knows more than you. I wholly encourage you to start your bird group, get each of your members to make a garden list, compare your lists and those who have fewer birds will probably be those who do not feed their birds or those who only put out basic food such as bread. This will encourage them to look at bird feeders and types of food, try to save the practical things like making feeders and bird boxes for days when you've planned a trip and it turns out to be raining etc. Good luck! Be sure to let us all know how you're getting on.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back