• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New edition of Fågelguiden (Collins Bird Guide). (1 Viewer)

I like the Bluethroat, but the black design of the Collins is much nicer. But what bothers me more is that the Kosmos is only available with a hard cover, which gets inevitably destroyed in field use.

Last edited:
I like the Bluethroat, but the back design of the Collins is much nicer. But what bothers me more is that the Kosmos is only available with a hard cover, which gets inevitably destroyed in field use.
I agree with respect to the hard cover. It's OK for home use, but not for travels. I usually get an English language version anyway, so that will then usually be a soft cover one. However, I guess I'll not be able to wait for the first issue of this new edition. In the end, I'll most likely buy one extra copy that way.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I'm wondering now I have the app on my phone, will it be updated with a new version once the book is released?
I'm thinking about Xmas presents and whether I need this edition when I already have the 2nd edition (and app).

It appears that no-one knows. This aspect is discussed earlier in this thread, from post #17 onwards.
Thanks Butty. Sorry I missed that part of the thread. It's all as clear as mud then as to what might happen. I had hoped it would automatically update...

Any info about the publication date? Can we expect it to be true, or is there a delay? 8 December is what Amazon lists.

The new illustrations look fantastic, especially the osprey, vultures and harriers are a great improvement, as wel as the ‘tits’ and some of the other song birds. At first I thought that the common pheasant had been moved to the back altogether, but it’s also still on one of the main pages. Still finding al kinds of alterations…

The new illustrations look fantastic, especially the osprey, vultures and harriers are a great improvement, as wel as the ‘tits’ and some of the other song birds. At first I thought that the common pheasant had been moved to the back altogether, but it’s also still on one of the main pages. Still finding al kinds of alterations…
Have you got your copy already then? I've put it on my Xmas list.

Having ordered it with the expectation that it'd arrive in September when I was in Spain my copy is being sent to my daughter. She's a 36-mile/1 hour round trip from home ... can I resist or will I have to wait until I see her at Christmas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back