• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New firmware promised (1 Viewer)

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
For a couple of the most interesting cameras, a new firmware is coming promising improvements
For example regarding G9:
G9 Firmware Version 2.4

1. Improved AF performance

– It can detect the eyes / face at a 2x faster recognition cycle speed and human / animal at a 5x faster recognition cycle speed. These subjects can be detected even they appear in approximately half the size. *Comparison between before and after updating the firmware.

– Tracking and recognition performance of AF have been improved with an addition of head recognition.

– Human/Animal recognition can be set ON or OFF when the AF mode is set to [1-Area].
Niels

This should show the firmware updates as described by Panasonic. And even though the blurb above seems limited to full frame, once the link gets clicked, it does include m4/3

Niels

There is a video out where a regular user says it seems to be a real and significant upgrade of the focusing on the G9. Might be time for me to see if I can get my hands on it.
I found this among some clutter on the rumor site. Unfortunately, I could not figure out how to link directly to this video on there so the link is to the Youtube location.

Youtube link

Niels
Edit: possibly this link will work: a bit of everything... - 43 Rumors

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a video out where a regular user says it seems to be a real and significant upgrade of the focusing on the G9. Might be time for me to see if I can get my hands on it.
I found this among some clutter on the rumor site. Unfortunately, I could not figure out how to link directly to this video on there so the link is to the Youtube location.

Youtube link

Niels
Edit: possibly this link will work: a bit of everything... - 43 Rumors
nice video,thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back