• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Nikon 8x32 Hgl Bins (1 Viewer)

POP

Has anybody any feedback on the Nikon 8x32hgl,I am now finding my Swarvoski 8x42 superb as they are, getting to be to heavy for a days birding,and the old Nikon Hg had glowing reports.The new HGL are even lighter so I would welcome any comments from users.

POP

Hi Pop can't comment on 8 x 32's yet,purchased 8 x 42 HGL's in April for myself after much testing of all the top brands. They are superb. We are going to a field event this coming Saturday to test out 8 x 32's for my wife (see Warehouse Exprss still doing a good deal on older 8 x 32 HG's) so will let you know.

Stewart

POP said:
Has anybody any feedback on the Nikon 8x32hgl,I am now finding my Swarvoski 8x42 superb as they are, getting to be to heavy for a days birding,and the old Nikon Hg had glowing reports.The new HGL are even lighter so I would welcome any comments from users.

POP

I've heard that new nikon 8x32 are only 15g lighter than the old ones - although there is a big difference with the 8x42 -so I'd save myself hundreds and go for the old ones if I was you.

Steve

Warehouse Express tonight Nikon 8 x 32 HG

Top of the range, high grade model, the 8x42 HG DCF WP offers high-reflection silver coatings for the brightest possible views, phase correction coating for highly defined images and the security of waterproof, fog-free construction.

8x32
• Magnification: 8x
• Objective diameter: 32mm
• Angular field of view (real): 7.8°
• Angular field of view (apparent): 62.4°
• Field of view at 1,000m: 136m
• Exit pupil: 4mm
• Relative brightness: 16
• Eye relief : 16.8mm
• Close focusing distance: 2.5m
• Weight: 715g
• Length: 129mm
• Width: 138mm
• Type: Roof Prism

Price £379 and 75 pairs in stock, thats some saving.

Stewart

Hi Pop,
I bought a pair of the 8 X 32 HG,s at the £379 price a few months ago and have found them excellent.The weight has not been a problem at all.

MAX.

senatore said:
Hi Pop,
I bought a pair of the 8 X 32 HG,s at the £379 price a few months ago and have found them excellent.The weight has not been a problem at all.

MAX.

I support this view too. They are everything I'd hoped they'd be. The view through them is great, the build quality is great and at £379 they're are a supurb bargain.

Check Alula and Better View Desired for reviews of the 8x32s. They are among the very best of binoculars for birdwatching.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back