• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

new petition re driven grouse shooting (1 Viewer)

he claimed that no one has been prosecuted in 'england' for hh persecution in the last 15 years. i find this sad not a 'positive' for the shooting industry - and that to me is the crux - the problem being if they could police themselves there would be little to attack but they can't and the door has been left open.

nb there have been prosecutions for illegal traps not necessarily hh specific and prosecutions in scotland

need to strike now while the 'iron is hot'.

a problem to be aware of, if there is a ban, is that the hh will still be persecuted so that 'they' can say 'see it didn't make any difference' - or worse out of spite! gamekeepers will still have their jobs because other shooting and hunting will replace the driven grouse but there could be less policeing...

Think Beefy Brains should do a bit more of this public debating as its clearly beyond him. It can't be just a coincidence that he goes public again with his ill informed, self preservationist point of view and numbers for banning what he is supposed to be representing spike.
I think Packham summed it up superbly with his "whats controversial about wanting to uphold the law?"
That was Beefy clobbered over the boundary.

Think Beefy Brains should do a bit more of this public debating as its clearly beyond him. It can't be just a coincidence that he goes public again with his ill informed, self preservationist point of view and numbers for banning what he is supposed to be representing spike.
I think Packham summed it up superbly with his "whats controversial about wanting to uphold the law?"
That was Beefy clobbered over the boundary.

Sadly Ian Botham is winning an online vote in the Northern Echo with support for Ian Botham at 51% and Chris Packham at 49% on the subject of who do the public support over Grouse Shooting.
Ian.

That's a regional response though isn't it?

I was commenting on the petition Ian which has undoubtedly had an increase of late and considering he resides in North Yorkshire I'm hardly surprised he has some level of popularity,
Although 2% in his own area is hardly impressive.

I'm disappointed that only 500 people (Total now 98,379) have signed this overnight. What have they been doing, sleeping. We're probably going to have to wait until lunchtime.

Well done to Mark, Chris and everyone else concerned. Talk about momentum building! We need to get an even bigger figure by Sept 20th: to lend support in the parliamentary debate, and to ensure that the figure remains well over 100,000, even if some dodgy signatures are found to be included (don't put anything passed the dirty tricks brigade on t"other side).

Now 104,357 signatures :t:
We need to get an even bigger figure by Sept 20th: to lend support in the parliamentary debate, and to ensure that the figure remains well over 100,000, even if some dodgy signatures are found to be included (don't put anything passed the dirty tricks brigade on t"other side).

I was thinking that too; though I'd think it'll still get debated whatever - a bees & neonics petition last year got debated even though it fell just short of the 100,000, with 99,908 signatures.

As a guy who lives in the Scottish Highlands, before I sign I wonder how people feel about fishing for pleasure ? , is that considered a cruel sport ?
Thanks Gordon.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back