• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Product Introduction Today From Swarovski ? (1 Viewer)

Angled Pushrods ??

Anyone care to elaborate on the "angled pushrods" ...? :cat:

Jan - have you cut one of these new 'Dutchie' (NL ;)) models in half yet so that we can see what makes er tick ?? :t:

Chosun :gh:

From the latest Swaro FB post, the "Sharp to the edges" became "Almost indiscernible edges".

Now, I might be wrong, but that's not quite exactly the same to me.

From the latest Swaro FB post, the "Sharp to the edges" became "Almost indiscernible edges".

Now, I might be wrong, but that's not quite exactly the same to me.

Yes and they also say: "barely perceptible edges", so this must be some reference to that quote near the beginning of the video 'what is better than sharp edges is no edges at all'. Spooky.

Lee

I do not believe that the forehead rest will solve the issue of shaking hands in the prolonged watching periods (e.g. seabird migration). The only way to cope with this issue is to use a finnstick / monopod. I hope that the new NL Pure has a threaded insert in the front of the focusing knob where you can attach a tripod mount securely (to use with a monopod) as you can in the SLC series.

Attachments

• C5CC3749-FF22-4EAC-A935-31F210104B8B.jpeg
    C5CC3749-FF22-4EAC-A935-31F210104B8B.jpeg
    372.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 9C7A1067-26FB-4BC6-B7EC-37F5DEBC438C.jpeg
    9C7A1067-26FB-4BC6-B7EC-37F5DEBC438C.jpeg
    216.4 KB · Views: 104
Swarovski is offering under NL warranty free installation of the forehead rest to your head.
You just have to mail yourself in a large envelope to their service center.

All of the cool rich kids are doing it.

$500 extra for a crystallized forehead rest.

$200 fee + shipping costs for removal.

Swarovski is offering under NL warranty free installation of the forehead rest to your head.

:-O

Talking about cost may be a little vulgar, but £2781 is a rather shocking price.

...one shop in the UK was discounting some EL bins by hundreds of pounds yesterday ...coincidence?

... my small collection could instead be enhanced with a Kowa Highlander 32x82 for £2999
(only219 more)

Hmmm, still thinking my next aquisition will be the 7x42 Habicht

About the headrest, this could be a very useful accessory. For spectacle wearers and non-spectacle wearers alike. However, it should be adjustable, but is it?

Renze

Last edited:
About the headrest, this could be a very useful accessory. For spectacle wearers and non-spectacle wearers alike. However, it should be adjustable, but is it?

BTW, it's not a new invention. For instance, Ross applied it on their Spectaross, more than half a century ago.

Renze

It is adjustable.

UK pricing is £2370, £2410 and £2450.

To "protect" the Legend that is the EL, prices have been reduced by 10% on the 32mm models and 20% on the 42mm models. 50mm are unchanged.

SLC remains on the 10% reduction that was introduced earlier but the 42mm models are marked as "While stocks last" on the latest price list.

To get an intimate view some form of winged eyecups to cut out distractions can really help.... a job for the binobandit and a missing opportunity for binocular makers.

Peter

I'd also assume that whatever trick they used to increase FoV is copyrighted so others will not be able to follow suit.

Well, there were plenty of wideangle binoculars in years past, some with even wider angles than this bunch, so I doubt anything will be "copyrighted".

Hermann

All in all, a worthy binocular (finally) that I would consider buying when comparing the top of the line, but that price seems a bit... high!

9m more fov (and 100g heavier) than the Zeiss FL 7x42 you and I both use Lieven, seems a prohibitively high price to pay for such an incremental improvement!

I'm sure these are fine (if very ugly) optics, but I can't see a real world application where they will make a difference over previous wide angle models? I'm sure somebody will say something about blurred edges, but most birders (I know and would rate as knowledgeable) look at the centre of the image and not the around the edge.

One for the all the gear and no idea brigade... or if you are feeling less harsh, knowledgeable birders with deep pockets ;)

Why are you making fun of this poor luxury company? It says right there on their site that the forehead rest is cushioned with recycled ostrich leather, and that healthchecked young ladies or young men from “RotLicht”, a personal service enterprise in Amsterdam NL will home-deliver, and ensure customer satisfaction.

Edmund

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back