• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

NEW Terra ED 32mm Under Armour Edition Binocular (1 Viewer)

MPeoples

I just got this from Zeiss!!!!

**IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT**
NEW Terra ED 32mm Under Armour Edition Binocular

ZEISS and Under Armour teamed up to launch the new TERRA ED 8x32 and 10x32 binocular
•The new ZEISS TERRA ED 8x32 and 10x32 is equipped with an exclusive Under Armour Bino Harness, featuring durable, thick hypalon attachments, solid metal hardware and adjustable elastic straps for complete comfort.

SKU Description Map
523205-9906-000 Terra 8x32 ED- Under Armour Edition $369.99
523206-9906-000 Terra 10x32 ED- Under Armour Edition $399.99

Mike, thanks for posting that.

The real news to me is that there is now a 32mm version of the Terra. Considering how much it must cost to develop a new sized model in the line, I can only expect to see a non Under Armour version of the 32 mm coming out. Have you received any info on that? I could not find anything on the Zeiss website.

Last edited:
Mike,

Is this Under Armour the outdoor clothing company? They have an outlet in Tannersville just outside of Stroudsburg, PA.

Does this mean that they are going to do the same thing that Columbia Sportswear did and sell binoculars under their own name? Columbia's were made by Kruger. They didn't sell and eventually Camera Land bought them up and sold them at great prices. I bought a couple of their 8x25 Back Countries. They were really good. I wish I had bought a couple more for gifts.

Bob

Last edited:
Bob, I live not to far from the outlet. They are making the bino Harness. The 32mm bino's are due out around the end of Jan. and the color is gray.

Last edited:
Hi Mike,

Thanks, that clarifies things some but most people don't need a harness for 32mm binoculars. Never the less a good harness is always a handy item.:t:

I can't help you with posting the images, I keep forgetting how to do it myself.:C

Bob

Go to the usual reply form.

Click on the tiny paper-clip icon on the top line of the tool bar. Its to the right of the big smiley.

A new window opens. Click on 'browse' on the top left and navigate in the usual way to the image in your files, select 'open' and then click 'upload'. Wait for the name of the file to appear alongside the 'browse' button. When it does appear, click on the 'upload' button just to the right of the file name. Yes you click an 'upload' button twice during this operation.

This will attach the pic to your reply and is confirmed by the appearance of a new line on the window you are using with a 'remove' button to the right of the uploaded pics file name, in case you change your mind.

Now, go for it!!

Lee

Go to the usual reply form.

Click on the tiny paper-clip icon on the top line of the tool bar. Its to the right of the big smiley.

A new window opens. Click on 'browse' on the top left and navigate in the usual way to the image in your files, select 'open' and then click 'upload'. Wait for the name of the file to appear alongside the 'browse' button. When it does appear, click on the 'upload' button just to the right of the file name. Yes you click an 'upload' button twice during this operation.

This will attach the pic to your reply and is confirmed by the appearance of a new line on the window you are using with a 'remove' button to the right of the uploaded pics file name, in case you change your mind.

Now, go for it!!

Lee

Thanks

Thanks!

FOV look very interesting! 442 feet/1000 yards for the 8x32, that is 147 m/km.

Will be interesting to see how it compares to the Monarch and Kite 8x30...

Last edited:
Thanks!

FOV look very interesting! 442 feet/100 yeards for the 8x32, that is 147 m/km.

Will be interesting to see how it compares to the Monarch and Kite 8x30...

That's 7m wider than FL 8x32 and 6m wider than EL SV 8x32.

Lee

That is a very wide FOV and the binocular is very light in weight.

But what is the eye relief?:smoke: Or do they call that "Exit Pupil Diameter" now?

Or is it a misprint? 16.5mm is pretty long for the wide FOVS the 8x32 and 10x32 have.

Bob

Last edited:
Assuming that line is supposed to be eye relief, the figures in the posted chart for the 42mm models are a little different than what is on the Zeiss USA web site.

8X42
Chart 18
Website 18.5

10X42
Chart 14
Website 16

The 16.5 for the 32mm looks reasonable, but I will be watching to see if the number holds as more info becomes available.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back