• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon EII 8X30 case options? (1 Viewer)

A wonderful secret is that the Pelican 1120 fits an EII, just. A great compact bomber travel package.

The only downside is that the Pelican case doesn't allow any air to circulate or moisture to dissipate. There was a thread on here about someone who kept their Nikon SE binoculars in a Peli case and had mould develop on one of the lenses.

I recently picked up a couple of Steiner porro cases, one hard (£15), the other soft (£5), for 30mm porros from here:

Other than the leather case for the 8x30 E, this hard case is the best-fitting case I have yet found for the Nikon 8x30 EII. It is not as padded as the CCS case I referred to in my earlier post, but it is a much better fit and superior to the Steiner soft case. It is now my main case for my 8x30 EII.

So if you're looking for a Nikon 8x30 EII case I recommend grabbing one while they're still available.

Graham

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back