• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon Sporter 10x36 (1 Viewer)

django

django
I have seen these on WareHouse Express they appear to have sold out of the 8x36 is there any one who uses these bins 10X36 if so could you give me a in depth reveiw does the smaller objective 36x have any drawbacks,would you say they are a good buy at the price? all the fore and against please THANKS

I use these. They're pretty good for the price. My girlfriend uses Opticron iMagic 10x42 (porros) which seem a little brighter at dusk, but the rest of the time there seems to be no difference. They are a nice pair of bins to hold - i prefer their smaller size to the opticrons.

I'd recommend them. I think you'd probably have to spend double the amount to get a better pair of roofs.

django said:
I have seen these on WareHouse Express they appear to have sold out of the 8x36 is there any one who uses these bins 10X36 if so could you give me a in depth reveiw does the smaller objective 36x have any drawbacks,would you say they are a good buy at the price? all the fore and against please THANKS

Hi - I've been using the 10x36 for about a year and am very happy with them. Brightness wise they're fractionally duller than the 8x36's but they're still a pretty bright binocular (certainly brighter than my old 10x40 Miradors). Depth of field seems pretty good (far better than my 8x25 Bushnell Trophies I keep in my work bag). Moving from the Miradors (Porro's with a very wide field of view) the field of view took a while to adjust to but having compared the Sporters to other birders 10x bins it's pretty average. Water resistance seems fine (used in heavy drizzle and driving snow) and I've had no fogging. CA is apparant under the wrong conditions, but it's certainly no worse than most mid-priced bins maybe slightly better. The dioptre wheel holds well, but the eyecups do sometimes move a little if you like them part way out.

I'm a 10x fan (I mostly bird over open fields and marshland rather than woodland). For the money I think they're a great pair of bins.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back