• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon USA Service Time? (1 Viewer)

Upland

I’m thinking of sending my HGs for service. Tight focuser and loose hinge. I’m wondering what others have experienced for turn around times. Thanks

I’m thinking of sending my HGs for service. Tight focuser and loose hinge. I’m wondering what others have experienced for turn around times. Thanks
Usually they quote 4 to 6 weeks, but sometimes it’s less. This time of year it maybe a little different. Id give them a call, you’d be sending them to California, I believe. This is a pretty easy fix, and they may fix it for free, even though it’s out of warranty. It wouldn’t be the first time that I sent them binoculars that were out of warranty and even some out of production and they serviced them, NC.

Paul

We sent my wife's HGs in for service back in December. She was having tightness issues with her focuser and the armor on the body of the bins coming loose. Nikon (NY) received them on 12/15/23. They updated the status to say "product replaced" at some point between Christmas and the new year. We received the replacement pair on 1/9/24.

We sent my wife's HGs in for service back in December. She was having tightness issues with her focuser and the armor on the body of the bins coming loose. Nikon (NY) received them on 12/15/23. They updated the status to say "product replaced" at some point between Christmas and the new year. We received the replacement pair on 1/9/24.
Is the replacement made in Japan?

I wonder what happens to the binos that get replaced - do they appear for sale as refurbs anywhere? I wish they did. I wonder if they go back to Japan or if they're simply disposed-of

I wonder what happens to the binos that get replaced - do they appear for sale as refurbs anywhere? I wish they did. I wonder if they go back to Japan or if they're simply disposed-of
I wondered this too! Hoping at minimum they get refurbished and donated, if nothing else.

I wondered this too! Hoping at minimum they get refurbished and donated, if nothing else.
Euro-optic in Pennsylvania seems to sell a lot of Zeiss "demo" binos for good prices. I suspect they're actually refurb, not demo, by the amount they sell. It's all fine by me, any opportunity to get a discount is good.

I think the optics market in Japan is robust, I'm guessing any Nikon refurbs diseappear into Japan and are never seen again.

Euro-optic in Pennsylvania seems to sell a lot of Zeiss "demo" binos for good prices. I suspect they're actually refurb, not demo, by the amount they sell. It's all fine by me, any opportunity to get a discount is good.

I think the optics market in Japan is robust, I'm guessing any Nikon refurbs diseappear into Japan and are never seen again.
This just got posted to the Binocular Bargains thread, funnily enough - Nikon has put some refurbished bins (including MHGs) for sale on their site : New Binocular Bargains Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back