• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon Venturer LX vs. Zeiss BT 8x40 on sale-- need help (1 Viewer)

My local photo store has these 2 guys on closeout specials for about 500$ (the Nikon's are about 50$ cheaper). The Zeiss are the 8x40 BTP (Victory II's?) and the Nikons are the older/heavier LX's 8x42.

The Nikon seems to have slightly more intense color, but the Zeiss is a lot lighter and my do a little better in dimmer light.

I would really appreciate any opinions about these binoculars at these price points.

I am excited to get what seems like a premium binocular at these prices, but really want to make the right decision. I have heard some bad things about the Zeiss, but I see pros and cons to both. I looked through both until I thought I would go crazy, and would really appreciate any opinions from others.

Thanks

I have a pair of the Zeiss 8x40 Victory 11's and think they are excellent. Have birded in some dodgy conditions with them and they have always performed.
Haven't tried the Venturers, so cannot comment.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back