• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon Z400 MM F/2.8 T/C S Lens on Z9 anyone..? (2 Viewers)

why? who knows? but if he's happy then why not just collect camera gear. no one is forced to justify their hobby just as someone who owns all the top optics but cannot id a bird or send records in. its just a hobby

i'm pretty sure that this forum is not the right one for The BulbMogul :unsure:
Several people are using a lot of energy repeatedly returning to this thread to complain about the poster.

It's in the optics section and whether we find it tasteful or not, the guy can post photos of his optics here. It is not compulsory however for those that don't like these threads to read them. Simply don't open the threads if not interesting.

Complaining? I see a lot of fun around here, but not so much complaining. Maybe being non native english speaker makes my understanding blurry?
Potentially at the expense of the poster, who may not see it as fun. Even if meant as fun, when multiple persons over weeks and months continue to have jabs at a single member every time they post, is that really okay? Besides, when some have suggested his lens collection is related to lack of size of certain body part (deleted by moderators) and that he is on the wrong forum, seems a little excessive for fun, no?

When multiple people have ‘jabs’ at the same person in not only the Nikon Forum but also the Canon Forum does that not strike you that perhaps that person is doing something that the MULTIPLE people object to?

When multiple people have ‘jabs’ at the same person in not only the Nikon Forum but also the Canon Forum does that not strike you that perhaps that person is doing something that the MULTIPLE people object to?
Having seen that the threads, this person posts into, are almost exclusively threads started by that person, no, I do not believe this justifies what I am seeing. It is quite easy to drop those threads and even to place an "ignore" into birdforum. I do not disagree that there is a similar problem in the Canon forum.
Niels

why? who knows? but if he's happy then why not just collect camera gear. no one is forced to justify their hobby just as someone who owns all the top optics but cannot id a bird or send records in. its just a hobby
Yes everyone collects something and i just happen to enjoy nice optics by more then one brand. You are not required to have the skill to operate any of it as the only thing required is handing out the Ceylon Rupees to pay for it. I bought a brand new Canon 1DS when it first came out and yes it is still new in the box.. So what right..? Thats how I feel about it..Anyways I will continue on...

Attachments

• 24591072-8D31-4D97-9AA7-C99CB1BB0519.jpeg
    8.8 MB · Views: 22
Yes everyone collects something and i just happen to enjoy nice optics by more then one brand. You are not required to have the skill to operate any of it as the only thing required is handing out the Ceylon Rupees to pay for it. I bought a brand new Canon 1DS when it first came out and yes it is still new in the box.. So what right..? Thats how I feel about it..Anyways I will continue on...
oh no, he's started collecting cats 😲 :p(y)

This snap was recently taken here on the island of Sri Lanka @ the Sinharajah Rain Forrest. This is a Endangerd Endemic Greater Hill Mynah . Nikon Z9 and Nikkor 800MM Z PF Lens. I am just posting it to show that on occasion i do snap a few clicks and am not asking for any opinions on it at all... I could care less what it looks like as the thrill is in the gear..:)
99D7A398-1EF0-4757-BD66-0AFD4A45287D_1_201_a.jpeg

This snap was recently taken here on the island of Sri Lanka @ the Sinharajah Rain Forrest. This is a Endangerd Endemic Greater Hill Mynah . Nikon Z9 and Nikkor 800MM Z PF Lens. I am just posting it to show that on occasion i do snap a few clicks and am not asking for any opinions on it at all... I could care less what it looks like as the thrill is in the gear..:)
View attachment 1549311
Good work Bulb.
More birds, less boxes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back