• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

No sounds coming from mobile phone (2 Viewers)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
I've a Huawei mobile (a few years old). It was working perfectly yesterday but today:

No alarm rang to wake me
When trying to speak to a friend he couldn't hear me (but I could hear him)
The phone doesn't ring
No audible alerts

Obviously I've been into settings but everything is set. The phone volume bar was very low but now at full (still no ring)
Tried the #0# (or whatever) but no diagnostics menu comes up
Tried Googling, but they're misunderstanding my issue
The only odd thing is there seems to be a headset setting which show a blue blob but it's all greyed out. Never used a headset, so I've never set it.
I discovered a "Pocket Mode" was set, no idea where that appeared from, never seen it before

Can anyone help?

You're not alone D. My cell phone and Computer are acting crazy. Not today but yesterday, everytime I opened a BirdForum page, multiple BF pages would open up behind the page I opened. Cell phone told me I Had numerous phone calls but my phone hadn't rung.

Fortunately 'puter is working..... though crossing fingers and toes right now on that score. Had a bad week (and it's only 3 days old!)

As for the "multiple pages" thingy... a few years ago I had awful trouble with a mouse (in fact more than one) where 1 click would perform several of the action - particularly noticeable when playing cards, when it would turn over many from the pack at the same time.

You could try plugging in and unplugging some headphones it could be confused about that.

Could there be a bit of grit or something stuck in the headphone opening? That might make your phone think there was a headset/headphone plugged in and could explain the lack of noise, maybe.

Could there be a bit of grit or something stuck in the headphone opening? That might make your phone think there was a headset/headphone plugged in and could explain the lack of noise, maybe.
Thanks Audrey. I did have a poke about and tap the phone to see if I could get something to respond.

So first went to the Alarms to listen to the different tones, the first one I tried worked. So I phone a friend and left a Voicemail, but I don't think he can hear it, as the announcer kept coming back telling me what to do.

Went back to the Alarms and the sounds aren't working there again!

Phoned it from another phone and it didn't ring, just vibrated.

How frustrating this is.

Thanks Audrey. I did have a poke about and tap the phone to see if I could get something to respond.

So first went to the Alarms to listen to the different tones, the first one I tried worked. So I phone a friend and left a Voicemail, but I don't think he can hear it, as the announcer kept coming back telling me what to do.

Went back to the Alarms and the sounds aren't working there again!

Phoned it from another phone and it didn't ring, just vibrated.

How frustrating this is.
When you adjust the volume, does a sound bar show up, with three dots at the top? Have you tapped those? They take you into all sound settings.....

When you adjust the volume, does a sound bar show up, with three dots at the top? Have you tapped those? They take you into all sound settings.....
Hi Scoz... yep, been in there 101 times since yesterday morning. Everything appears to be present and correct.

Seems to be two issues:

1: My voice can't be heard when on the phone to someone (??microphone possibly). Though I can hear them

2: The phone won't play any sounds to me. Such as Clock Alarms and even the opening up tune after switching off (Would this still be the mike?)

Hi Scoz... yep, been in there 101 times since yesterday morning. Everything appears to be present and correct.

Seems to be two issues:

1: My voice can't be heard when on the phone to someone (??microphone possibly). Though I can hear them

2: The phone won't play any sounds to me. Such as Clock Alarms and even the opening up tune after switching off (Would this still be the mike?)
Hmmmm Is there a Settings, Sounds & Notifications or Vibrations?

If the support bit above doesn't work the final option is copy any files you want saved elsewhere then factory reset, but that can take a while to re-set up.

Thanks Richard.... I'll think long and hard on that one LOL.

But if it comes down to it, it'll be a last resort before ditching it for a new phone!

Will my 'puter know I'm likely to be looking for a back-up option?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back