• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Phone screen gone dark (1 Viewer)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Earlier this morning my phone was working fine, having recharged it last night.

Without me doing anything to it, it's suddenly gone very dim, so I can hardly read the words on it. I've tried the side buttons but can't see what I'm doing, and both seem to only have the volume??

I've tried settings, but can't read the words on the screen.

It's either a bulb gone, or it's gone into night time mode, which I don't have set anyway. Just can't work out what to do with it. Maybe find someone with better eyesight than me LOL

Any ideas? It's maybe a rather old Huawei(sp) phone.

No, still comes back dark I'm afraid Butty

Last edited:
Without me doing anything to it, it's suddenly gone very dim, so I can hardly read the words on it.
Every time this happens to my phone it's due to overheating, which may not be the case with yours. If it is feeling warm then allowing it to cool may be all that's needed.

Thanks T... well it feels warm, but not what I'd call hot.

But I'll leave it off for now and use my other phone. Don't get alerts and messages on there though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back