• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Northern Ireland Local Patch (1 Viewer)

Was planning on doing some birdwatching this weekend around the Rostrevor / Warren Point / Carlingford area as I have heard some good things.

Could anyone kindly recommend specific places to go / see.

Thanks for your time!

I went looking for the shrike and snow goose today but didnt find them

Saw many swallows, house martins and sand martins along the shore of Lough Neagh

Earlier this week three of use fixed a sand martin bank that collapsed after the big freeze in December. About 300 pairs use this bank in Antrim. They are two miles away from th nearest shore of Lough Neagh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrsOC8TGwH4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaWgqkiMTRo

Mark Apusapus Smyth Thanks for your comment,pity you havent got to see the shrike yet, hopefully you will though...Great job on the sand bank watched both clips you guys done well.

Allison

The first time in ages I didn't take my camera on my cycle to work. Saw 3 Goldfinches in central Craigavon and on the way home 3 more at Kernan Playing Fields and a further 4 at the new Tescos. Any reason why I saw so many? The warm weather? I've never seen one before possibly because I've never noticed them as I've only recently got interested in photographing birds.

Also saw a buzzard in the centre of my housing estate.

Paul

Grasshopper Warblers & Wheatear back on Knocklayd!

Saw 6 Wheatear on Knocklayd last Saturday & I heard the first Grasshopper Warbler for this season, up there, this evening.
Cheers,
Dick

willow warblers busy looking for a suitable mate at Oxford Island

Attachments

• Collages14-1.jpg
    Collages14-1.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Collages15-2.jpg
    Collages15-2.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 48
Barn Owl

Been 2yrs but finally spotted a Barn Owl tonight Just before the turn off for oxford Island on the main Derrymacash rd.

cuckoo at peatlands Park in Co Armagh this morning. got no photos today but this is one i photographed a couple of years ago at the same place

Attachments

• c2.JPG
    c2.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 56
  • c4.JPG
    c4.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 48
ring necked duck castle ward

Attachments

• 785.jpg
    785.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 796.jpg
    796.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 782.jpg
    782.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
nice shots you got of the ring neck duck...Can i ask do you go into the castleward estate to see the bird or do you travel out the road heading towards strangford?

Regards Allison

Allison thanks yeah its in the estate on templewater. its not that wide only 50 metres so you get great views of the RND good luck John

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back