• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Observations recording database template for Microsoft Access (2 Viewers)

locustella

Hello, here:
are example simple database templates for Microsoft Access for observations. Maybe someone would be interested.

In case of incompatibilities of the database with the Microsoft Windows operating system or the Microsoft Access program, you can try to import all database objects into a newly created, empty .accdb file. A little more in that webpage.

I use a MS database and it does everything that I want it to.
It can run target lists and display sightings, trips and list in the way I want.
It has reduced key strokes and sticky fields that aid inputting along with a few validation checks.
Mainly used for the Western Palearctic and British list. You can add species before they have been officially been accepted and code them as pending. You can also track feral or programmed release species such as Great Bustard and Common Crane.

Submitting records to the relevant organization is simple (inter face templates)
Links to photographs and documents

The sky is the limit. To get the most out you have to get stick in at start off with

MS Access can be customized in unlimited ways.
Although it remains a risky way of keeping your data. Make sure you back it up. Access conflates the database with all kinds of other stuff in the one file. Perhaps as a consequence that file's a bit corruption-prone.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back