• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ON THE WING - CUBA! NOVEMBER 2024 (1 Viewer)

This section is not for adverts from tour operators, it is for people, looking to join an already organised group or trying to put one together themselves.

I also doubt than many people for whom birding is the primary goal, would want to waste their time, arsing around in American cars.

Last edited:
I think this is a little bit of a unique case, simply because (at least for US citizens), Cuba is not 100% accessible. What Birding Havana is offering is a fuller cultural exposure to Cuba and frankly that's a good thing in addition to the birding. The cars are a quirky (and fun for some) result of Cuba's political history and frankly, everyone I've known who has visited, had fun doing a city tour in a 50's classic. I'm sure you know all this Andy, so if it's in the wrong forum, he just needs to be told to relocate it ;-)

This section is not for adverts from tour operators, it is for people, looking to join an already organised group or trying to put one together themselves.

I also doubt than many people for whom birding is the primary goal, would want to waste their time, arsing around in American cars.
Hi Andy, thanks for your comment¡ As a Cuban Birder (based in Havana, Cuba) I'm trying to offer more than just a birding experience. There will be much more time birding than anything else. Cuba is so unknown (specially for US citizens) that it's worthy.

I think this is a little bit of a unique case, simply because (at least for US citizens), Cuba is not 100% accessible. What Birding Havana is offering is a fuller cultural exposure to Cuba and frankly that's a good thing in addition to the birding. The cars are a quirky (and fun for some) result of Cuba's political history and frankly, everyone I've known who has visited, had fun doing a city tour in a 50's classic. I'm sure you know all this Andy, so if it's in the wrong forum, he just needs to be told to relocate it ;-)
Thanks a lot¡

Count me as one of those who loved the experience of the city tour in a pink Chevy.

.IMG_7067 comp.jpeg

We had a guide for two days, who drove us around in a 52 jeep willys. When he showed me his handiwork - a Russian Lada motor he had adapted for it - and I asked if 'they get along', he laughed and said 'just like the United Nations should!'. :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back