• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Optolyth 22-60x70 pull scope manual any one? (1 Viewer)

bouton

As part of an inheritance I have come in to a Optolyth 22-60x70 pull scope. Not being scope savvy I was wondering if anyone had a manual we could have a copy of? We've mostly figured it out but can't quite get the closer focussing to work.

I've google galore with no luck.

Thanks

Hi there - we had a check here at Opticron but don't have one :-(

(Opticron used to distribute Optolyth 'scopes once upon a long time ago!)

The technical service guys here say it "should be simple" - just extend the tube fully and ensure that the eyepiece is also fully extended/twisted out. If you're struggling, you could call and ask for the service department for some help.

If you're not getting good close focus, it could be that the particular unit you have won't now meet the performance spec for some reason.

Cheers, Pete

Thanks for checking.
Being a scope newbie, I was just trying to figure out why there seemed to be three focusing options
1. pulling tube out
2. Big ring on eyepiece
3. little ring on eye piece

If I fully extend tube and use both rings I can see things on the horizon. But that same setup I can not see things on the waterfront. If I push tube in and refocus with both rings I can get a close but not quite focus.

Maybe it just needs 'tuning'?

FWIW my 25 x 70 has only one focus ring on the eyepiece. I can't figure out why you would need 2 rings unless only one of them was for close focus. Maybe it only close focuses at the short end where you will get a wider view and need it more there in close focusing.
Bob

Last edited:
Guessing here from how my Swaro works:
Drawscopes are meant to be used fully drawn out whether viewing close or far.
Regarding the big and little rings on eyepiece, I imagine one ring is rotated to zoom from 22-60 (guessing the small?); and the other ring is meant to focus.

If it only focuses on distant objects, perhaps it needs a service. Does it rattle when you shake it;)

Thanks for all the thoughts/suggestions!
Luckily nothing rattles when it shakes ;)
Will take a phot, try out the zoom vs focus - which sounds right and post back.
Again - thanks!

your scope is a zoom, hence the two rings on the eyepiece, one to select the magnification and the other to focus. You should always use the scope with the drawtube fully extended; close focus would probably be better at lower magnification, hope this helps

Nick

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back