• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pakistan for Long-billed Bush-Warbler, June 2023 (1 Viewer)

pbjosh

missing the neotropics
Switzerland
A bit late with this one but at least I wrote a report.

Anyways, Andrew Spencer was wrapping up a long trip in Central Asia with a quick visit to Pakistan and the timing worked for me so off we went. We both loved it and it was honestly logistically quite an easy trip and the birding, food, and people were awesome.

A (typical for me) short, pictureless, but GPS / logistics focused trip report is now up on Cloudbirders:

Hopefully it helps someone out there :)

Interesting report. Back in 1997 on a trekking/climbing trip I found a long-billed bush warbler in the Hushe valley to the east of Skardu. The habitat it was in sounds identical, suggesting it may be more widespread but obviously hugely under reported.

Rob

I suspect this to be the case Rob but as well I guess it’s total population is probably not very large… hopefully though it gets found in more and more places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back