• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Patching Hurstpierpoint (1 Viewer)

Couple of hours on Patch this morning, interesting encounter with some Foxes, a posy Squirrel and some spring migrants the highlights.

details with pics on the blog at the link (some of the pics have a dead sheep in them)
Right then Group after all we have learned the last 2 or 3 weeks

Cheers

First time on "patch" for a while, what with all the galivanting around Scotland, bit of a quiet morning, couple of Yellowhammers, a distant Red Kite and a flock of Linnets the best of it, few pics and a short report on the blog at the link

Found a Nightingale singing on the Patch today, was buried deep in the undergrowth so never got a look at it, but managed a short video of it singing! Red Kite, Whitethroat and loads of Beautiful Demoiselles about as well, few pics and a longer report on the Blog at the link
Cheers

Hard work around the patch today, though the Nightingale is still present from last week and once the sun came up there were plenty of Demoiselles again!!
Fuller report and a few pics on the Blog

Cheers

A enjoyable mid-morning walk along Langton Lane today with some reasonable sightings of the birds you would expect in the area a short report and some pics on the blog at the link below there are also some pics of Baby Sparrows from the garden on the blog at the link for those that like that sort of thing!!

Nice walk at the London Road "Patch" today, fabulous views of Yellowhammers,plus plenty of other good stuff,nice flock of 4 Ravens as well, soon be watching Ravens mobbing White-tailed Eagles in Sussex wouldn't have thought that a few years ago!!!
Full report and loads of pictures on the blog at the link below
559A0746.JPG

Had 2 visits to the "Patch" this weekend, close encounter with a Fox, a confiding Kestrel and some Swallow action the best of the 1st visit, pics and a fuller report on the blog at the link,Part 2 will follow,hopefully tomorrow!

Part 2 of my weekend on the Patch a mid-morning walk on Sunday, absolutely loads of insects about,in particular hordes of Beautiful Demoiselles and good numbers of Marble White Butterflies!! As ever full story on the blog at the link below with far to many pics!!

First time around the Patch in a while, very slow, Spotted Flycatcher, Lesser Whitethroat and Wheatear makes it sound much better than it was, made a nice chocolate cake when I got home though, as usual short write up and a few pics, including of the cake, on the blog at the Link below

Walk around Woods Mill nature reserve which is just down the road from us. Fairly quiet, a few Warblers and a couple of Redstarts the best of it. Report and pics on the blog at the link below Woods Mill

Headed for Wolstonbury Hill today, got to save the old petrol :) Not a bad walk considering the mist, winkled a few bits out, Red Kite, Yellowhammer, Wheatear and a pretty showy Green Woodpecker, obviously relative to the usual behaviour of the species, report and pics on the blog at the link as usual!

Local again this morning, nicer weather and slightly better birds found on the local patch, A nice showy Whinchat, which posed lovely, the best but also Spot Fly, Yellowhammers and a Great Spotted Woodpecker I nearly trod on!! full story and a lot more pics on the Blog at the link below

Attachments

• 559A0006.JPG
    559A0006.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 1
  • 559A0784.JPG
    559A0784.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
A tip off about a local Barn Owl, had me heading for the Meadows, typically couldn't find it, dodged the showers, couple of posy Stonechats, excellent views of Swallows and a Yellow Wagtail the best of it! Report on the blog at the link!

A Raptorwatch at edge of the village today, blue skies and a gentle breeze, large amount of Swallows and Housemartins, a few Yellowhammers, Meadow pipits and Skylarks, but not the Raptorfest that was hoped for!
Of Birds & Cake the Blog of Paul

Attachments

• 559A1825.JPG
    559A1825.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 559A2283.JPG
    559A2283.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Another local walk, didn't take the camera as my back was killing me, luckily didn't prove to costly as the only photo op was a flyby Peregrine and in the grey conditions wouldn't have been that sensational anyway, short report on my Blog at the link below
Warning contains Cheesecake pictures that may make you fat!!

Quick wander around the Patch this morning, bit quiet but nice to get a posy Jay, hopefully the colder weather forecast will bring in more of the winter stuff over the next couple of weeks., report and a few pics on the blog at the link.

Had a post Christmas search for some Owls on "the Patch" yesterday evening not much success, well technically no success at all, but did see a few bits and pieces, frankly was nice to get out at all!! Full story and a few pics on the blog at the link!

Very quiet local walk along Bullfinch Lane this morning, Singing Robins, a Couple of Herons and a Greenfinch the best of it, so slow didn't even do a blog post!!

Attachments

• 559A7500.JPG
    559A7500.JPG
    9.4 MB · Views: 1
  • 559A7557.JPG
    559A7557.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 1
  • 559A7558.JPG
    559A7558.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 1
  • 559A7616.JPG
    559A7616.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
  • 559A7623.JPG
    559A7623.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 1
Well after yesterday's Finch and Bunting fest around the Burgh, I thought I would a have a walk around some farmland to the North Of Hurstpierpoint, pretty depressing with very little seen in the way of Farmland birds what I did manage can be seen on the blog at the link, quite a contrast to yesterday's post!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back