• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pelagics from Tarragona (1 Viewer)

Halcon

barcelona birder
During winter, autumn and spring, aproximately once a month the Gepec organizes a little Pelagic from the Tarragona harbour.
The last one was the 26/02 and the next is on the 26/03.
I'll try to keep tou informed about what's seen and how the Pelagics are.
They're great, and the guides are splendid, if you can try and go.

26/02/2011
I arrived at the train station with my mother and we met some birding friends. We walked to the harbour (which is very near to the station).
We went on board and, some minutes later we sailed out of the harbour.
There had been seen a Bonaparte's Gull very close to there but unfortunately it didn't show up.
The guides had brought fish for the gulls and soon we had a big amount of them following the ship.
Only a few minutes later the first Gannet appeared, and started folowing the ship, some time later we had about fivo or six behind us. one Great Skua showed itself too.
It wasn't a very good time for Shearwaters and we only saw one single Balearic.
The other most important species we saw were Audouin's Gull, Herring Gull (scarce in the Mediterranean), Mediterranean Gull, Lesser Black-Backed Gull, Collared Dove (only because of the pic;))...

Here are some photos

Attachments

• CDove 1.JPG
    CDove 1.JPG
    236.9 KB · Views: 40
  • CDove 2.JPG
    CDove 2.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Gannet.JPG
    Gannet.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Gannet 2.JPG
    Gannet 2.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Gannet 3.JPG
    Gannet 3.JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 38
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back