• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Question about MOVO GH700 gimbal (1 Viewer)

Earnest lad

Please may I request advice.
I bought the above on ebay second hand. I have absolutely no prior experience or knowlege of how gimbals operate. I have been trying to see how it works today by reading the manual and watching videos.
The gimbal head seems to have come to me with the swing arm in the loose/floppy position. I understand that the function of tightening / loosening the swing arm to be accomplished by turning the Tilt Knob. However, the Tilt Knob seems to completely stiff.You cannot turn it either way. Accordingly the swing arm cannot be tightened.
I have attached photos of the situation to facilitate understanding of what I am trying to describe. I would be so grateful for any advice available in this regard please. Is there a way to loosen it up? Perhaps I am misunderstanding matters or something. In any case thank you for any help and advice.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    783.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
  • qqq.jpg
    qqq.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
The tilt knob was probably backed out (turned counterclockwise, when you are facing the knob) with too much force and became tight. This happened to mine before. Try turn the knob clockwise with some force and it should loosen. Continue to turn it clockwise to lock the swing arm.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back