• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rare Birds Where and When - when is Volume 2 out? (1 Viewer)

Russell was working alone and I don't think volume 2 will ever be produced. Volume 1 would now be so out of date as to render it rather meaningless unless that was brought up to date.

If you aren't aware of Historical Rare Birds this includes details in the final tab of birds recorded less than 50 times and is at the time of writing being kept up to date (including pending records which are photographed).
thank you for your quick answer. I had that site already bookmarked although I havent taken the time to study it properly. I ll check it soon. Thank you

I was searching about for the 2nd volume of the rare birds - where and when and came across this post to hear Russel had sadly passed away.
From what I read, the second volume was almost prepared for publication, if not in the publisher yet. Is there any information if it will be puslished eventually? Was he working alone?
Sorry for digging this 11 year post.
The book was 90% complete, all the illustrations were completed including the cover etc but that's as far as it got, it was given to a friend but nothing came of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back