• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Recommendations for a portable birdwatching chair. (3 Viewers)

Will K

Too well-known member
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I’m looking for a light and highly portable chair or stool to take birdwatching, etc., and would like to hear some recommendations.

For those of you who take your spotting scope / camera / binos out and about, and include a portable chair in your kit, what has served you well in recent years? Any top brands or models new on the market?

My budget is flexible, and I subscribe to the maxim “buy quality, buy once”.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I’m looking for a light and highly portable chair or stool to take birdwatching, etc., and would like to hear some recommendations.

For those of you who take your spotting scope / camera / binos out and about, and include a portable chair in your kit, what has served you well in recent years? Any top brands or models new on the market?

My budget is flexible, and I subscribe to the maxim “buy quality, buy once”.

Thanks!
Look here: Walkstool Comfort | Walkstool. I am using the 55 cm version. Works well for me: Easy to unfold/fold. Light to carry.

Helinox chairs are great. Well built and comfy. We have a couple of Chair Ones and they are light and portable.

Something I'd been considering - the stool in particular looks light and not too bulky (I don't drive so it's a carry item).

I have been looking for a suitable seat for a while as I have trouble standing for long.

Up to now the best I have come across for combining size and portability was a 'telescopic folding stool' that is a 6cm thick disc until opened up to a 46cm stool with a good weight capacity. Available from Amazon for around £20 - I bought one and have used it but it is a few cm too low to be ideal.

The Walkstool is superb. A bit pricey but it looks and feels a quality product. I have bought the 55cm Comfort version which weighs about 1kg, comes in a carry bag, is just the right height for me and is easily capable of holding my 20 stone bulk.

Thanks WRL and Scridifer !

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back