• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Red-breasted Geese (1 Viewer)

Arbu

I'm thinking of making a trip to Bulgaria to see Red-breasted Geese, flying to Varna and then driving up to Durankulak Lake. I believe that they only show up there in Jan and Feb and when it gets too cold in Romania. So is there any way that I can monitor/get alerts as to when they have arrived? I don't want to go all that way and not see them. ebird reports from the location don't seem to be all that frequent.

Thanks.

I'm thinking of making a trip to Bulgaria to see Red-breasted Geese, flying to Varna and then driving up to Durankulak Lake. I believe that they only show up there in Jan and Feb and when it gets too cold in Romania. So is there any way that I can monitor/get alerts as to when they have arrived? I don't want to go all that way and not see them. ebird reports from the location don't seem to be all that frequent.

Thanks.
Hi Arbu,

Your thinking and planning is quite right. However at the moment the weather has been so mild ( I had three Whiskered Terns in Burgas on Tuesday!) there are very few RBGs if any even in Romania. Hopefully the situation will change and we will get some cold weather.
If you are on FB either Birders Reports or Birding Bulgaria are useful. I would be quite happy to keep you informed as and when I hear anything.

All the best,

Chris

Hi Arbu,

Your thinking and planning is quite right. However at the moment the weather has been so mild ( I had three Whiskered Terns in Burgas on Tuesday!) there are very few RBGs if any even in Romania. Hopefully the situation will change and we will get some cold weather.
If you are on FB either Birders Reports or Birding Bulgaria are useful. I would be quite happy to keep you informed as and when I hear anything.

All the best,

Chris
Thanks very much. If they do show up and you have the chance to post on here that would be much appreciated. I'm sure I can get on a wizzair flight from Luton without needing to book too far ahead.

Thanks very much. If they do show up and you have the chance to post on here that would be much appreciated. I'm sure I can get on a wizzair flight from Luton without needing to book too far ahead.
With pleasure.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back