• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Refurbished a risk? (1 Viewer)

Jamspangle

Up the boro!
Thinking of entering the world of Dslr-s and scouring ebay for a 350d - seems to be a decent entry level camera - doyou agree? I digress. Would anyone have any comments on the quality of refurbished camera's like you'd find on ebay? What does it actually mean anyway?

cheers

jamie

Jamspangle said:
Thinking of entering the world of Dslr-s and scouring ebay for a 350d - seems to be a decent entry level camera - doyou agree? I digress. Would anyone have any comments on the quality of refurbished camera's like you'd find on ebay? What does it actually mean anyway?

cheers

jamie

I bought a Canon 300d from the canon outlet on ebay two years ago, supposedly refurbished but in fact brand new with a 12 month warranty, it has never skipped a beat since then. The auction finished at 11 am on a Thursday and the camera was delivered in my hands by 11 am the following day. If I ever want to replace it I would never have any doubts about buying from the canon outlet on ebay. Go get it man you know you want it, moving to dslr from compact digital was the best move I ever made.

Last edited:
I bought a refurbished Olympus C2100UZ on Ebay in 2001 with 6 months warranty - it's still going strong now.

My wife uses it nowadays!

bill lord said:
I bought a Canon 300d from the canon outlet on ebay two years ago, supposedly refurbished but in fact brand new with a 12 month warranty.

As Bill pointed out if you buy refurb items from Canon Outlet hey still come with a full 12 month warranty so there is no risk at all. Personally I would be wary about buying a refurb item from an 'unknown' seller.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back