• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Return of the Torics ! (1 Viewer)

Rob from Texas

After wrapping up my west Texas outing, I finally sent the 10x42 Tract Torics back to Kamakura in Chula Vista, California.
After 3 weeks they have returned. Wow! What a difference.
I had basically given up on the Torics as my "go to" pair because the newer Trinovids simply were more accommodating to my right eye, while still offering a cheery and bright view.

However, that has changed for the better. I am now able to get an extremely sharp and very detailed image from both eyes with the Torics. I am very pleased with them, ...so much so, I wonder at my predicament of having more than one pair of amazingly nice 10x42's.

The strange thing was that there was nada/zero/zilch paperwork in the return package. What ever magic or professional merit was exercised by Kamakura over my pair, seems a secret.
I logged onto Tract Optics and typed with Jon about it. I asked him to look into it, out of curiosity, so we might know what improved them, (and thus my right eye) so much.
If anything is revealed, I shall pass it on!

Rob

Were you constantly using the diopter to get a proper focus?. Perhaps there was some focus lag on the right tube.
Glad you got good results with the service.

Ok, got the Invoice from Kamakura to Tract. (no expense to me) It was quite comprehensive, a full once over. Collimation and focus tune were included.
I suspect the later solved the issue. Very happy with them now and quite astounded by the sharpness, depth of field and contrast for the money.
My favorite binocular for now.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back