• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rondeau Park, Ontario. April 15th. (1 Viewer)

Chidolly

Canada
Not the best quality but light ain, low light and FAST moving.
I looked in peterson guide but it looks like... all the fly catchers and a ruby crowned kinglet (according to the drawing). Unedited. Canon sx50. TY.

Attachments

• IMG_9929.JPG
    IMG_9929.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 32
It's the kinglet. The fact it was moving about fast is a bit of a clue. The flycatchers generally sally from a perch. Note the white "triangles" in front of and behind the eye

It's the kinglet. The fact it was moving about fast is a bit of a clue. The flycatchers generally sally from a perch. Note the white "triangles" in front of and behind the eye
TY. I'm brutal with these. I just never noticed green colour before. I usually get them mixed up with white eyed vireos lol. I was all surprised to still see juncos in the park this late.

Another way to tell kinglets, vireos, and warblers apart from flycatchers is that flycatchers tend to perch upright, while the others perch horizontally.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back