• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Scopes, It’s all so confusing….. (1 Viewer)

I’m in desperate need of a new scope and tripod. I don’t think I am up for Swarovski.

Been looking at the Vortex Razor 20-60x85 Angled. The current model is about two grand. The older generation model.
I’m finding everywhere for like 1000 bucks. The photo below is of the older generation model. Is there really a massive difference?

I’m just getting tired of the information overload, but I’m concerned that I might end up with a piece of junk. I’m not overly in love with Vortex. I think the best thing about them is their warranty, but I also think they need it…

Would anybody like to fill the last bit of empty space in my brain up with any other thoughts? Brand names?

Thanks team….. DanA68D5F78-E113-488F-AA59-6AEE31B08AE1.jpeg

Attachments

• 94B49AFF-B107-491A-8297-22DF30F9B2BB.jpeg
    94B49AFF-B107-491A-8297-22DF30F9B2BB.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 2
the optics subforum is your friend.
I heard (very) good things about Nikon Monarch scopes, and they seem to fit within your price range.

I’m in desperate need of a new scope and tripod. I don’t think I am up for Swarovski.

Been looking at the Vortex Razor 20-60x85 Angled. The current model is about two grand. The older generation model.
I’m finding everywhere for like 1000 bucks. The photo below is of the older generation model. Is there really a massive difference?

I’m just getting tired of the information overload, but I’m concerned that I might end up with a piece of junk. I’m not overly in love with Vortex. I think the best thing about them is their warranty, but I also think they need it…

Would anybody like to fill the last bit of empty space in my brain up with any other thoughts? Brand names?

Thanks team….. DanView attachment 1511140
I just posted a happy review of a meopta 80mm angled scope. About 1200 dollars American. Got it from BandH photo.
Everyone says "try before you buy." They mean it. Don't be in any big hurry to part with coin, you might find that a first rate pair of bins would make you happier and cost less.

That’s great advice…… and that’s exactly what I’m doing…..

I’m gonna stick with my 1958 Bushnell for a little while longer….
She’s a beaut!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back