• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sigma 300mm 2.8 prime. (1 Viewer)

stevo

Hi all.

Is it possible to get a longer tripod foot & one that is higher for this lens?

ie the collar going around the lens then down to the foot.

Cheers.

Steve.B :)

None of the Sigma feet is Arca compatible, i.e. would mate straight with an arca clamp. One always needs a lens plate.

After over three years with the 300 2.8 I am still shaking my head everytime I have to pack the lens up. The lens foot on that thing is a very poor design. With a Arca plate in place the hood doesn't fit in reverse for transport, so one of the two has to stay off. It's a large and heavy lens where a more substantial foot (like the replacement one can buy) would make more sense ....

Ulli

P.S> You also asked about a TC for the lens. I use the Sigma 1.4x and loss in IQ is barely noticable.

None of the Sigma feet is Arca compatible, i.e. would mate straight with an arca clamp. One always needs a lens plate.

After over three years with the 300 2.8 I am still shaking my head everytime I have to pack the lens up. The lens foot on that thing is a very poor design. With a Arca plate in place the hood doesn't fit in reverse for transport, so one of the two has to stay off. It's a large and heavy lens where a more substantial foot (like the replacement one can buy) would make more sense ....

Ulli

P.S> You also asked about a TC for the lens. I use the Sigma 1.4x and loss in IQ is barely noticable.

Thanks for the info.

Steve.:t:B :)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back