• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Sigma 600mm Mirror (1 Viewer)

the black fox

manual focus only ,totally no use for birds at all ,you would be fed up with it in a month ,something like a sigma 80-400 os ,or sigma 150-500 os can be picked up cheaply these days and give the reach with moderate to good quality to

nikonmike

As Black fox says its far from the best option,they where ok in there day when most of us could not afford any thing over 300mm but now there are much better choices out there.

geordiebeginner

I borrowed one for the weekend and although it is no good for flying birds some of the "static" shots I have got aren't too bad-I will have a look in PS and see what I can do.

It wouldn't be my first, second or even third choice, but it would do as a stop gap.

Thanks for the advice.

ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread